1. You will hear a girl telling her friend about a boat trip. How does the girl feel about the boat trip?
a. grateful it was so short
b. surprised the sea was so rough
c. disappointed it was so crowded
2. You will hear a brother and sister talking about cooking. What is the brother trying to do?
a. improve his sister’s confidence at cooking
b. encourage his sister to make him something
c. suggest that his sister should cook for their parents
1. For her 14th birthday, Hannah
a. took some friends to see a Harrison Ford film at the cinema.
b. went to watch the making of a film.
c. was given whatever she wanted.
2. How did Hannah’s mother feel when Hannah said she wanted to be an actress?
a. She wasn’t keen on her doing it.
b. She wasn’t discouraging.
c. She didn’t think she was serious about it.
Extract One. You hear a conversation between a man and a woman who are travelling on a river.
1. What complaint does the man make about the journey?
a. He would prefer something more exciting.
b. He would like protection from insects.
c. He would prefer healthier surroundings.
2. What complaint does the man make about the journey?
a. She takes offence at being criticised.
b. She suggests alternative activities.
c. She reprimands him for his attitude.